17.6.13

Book swap

A little while ago, I saw The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on Aprilfourteenth. I promptly ordered and read it. After seeing it there and here, Betsy was very keen to read it so I sent it to her, with my name, city and the date written at the back of the front cover, suggesting she might like to do the same once she's finished with it and send it on to someone else for them to enjoy. She then mentioned the idea of a book swap and I thought that was a lovely idea..

Usually I tend to keep my favourite things to myself.. My favourite books gather up dust on a shelf, destined in most cases never to be read again.. Today I'd like to share my latest read, the story of a shy, incredibly intelligent and not so popular teenage boy growing up.. A very touching read, highly recommended!


If you think you'd like to read it (and then pass it on if you wish), just leave a comment and I'll let a little hand draw a name on Friday.


What are you reading? I have nothing on the go, so any recommendations welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Je l'ai lu le cercle des éplucheurs, j'ai bien aimé!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I wrote a comment about that book few days ago... Now I've got an answer with that post and I think I might as well enjoy reading it! Just so you know, I read Arlington Park by Rachel Cusk lately and I enjoyed it pretty much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to organize something about that book swap...but actually I think you're just doing something great, asking who wants to read the book you're talking about...
    I'm still reading the Guernesey... (I love it but so many thinks to do ,like blogging...hum hum...that I haven't finished it yet)and Cher George Clooney, de la littérature de jeunesse ;) It's about a teenager who is looking for a partner for her mum and she thinks George Clooney would be perfect ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a few good critics about this book. Have you read The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfiled? I loved it! Recently, I also enjoyed Rosamund Lupton's novels, it's fun to discover young authors who are so talented.

    ReplyDelete