5.3.12

Coup de coeur Monday #6 - Orla Kiely


If you live in the UK, you must have seen this Orla Kiely Stem print before, right? It comes in mugs, tea towels, cushions, notebooks, lampshades, kitchenware, handbags, even a radio and lots more.. I love that print! I remember fervently bidding on ebay for a couple of chairs covered in that fabric and being soooo disappointed when I didn't get them.
But I got a nice sideboard with Stem wallpaper at the back a few months later.. Good things always come to those who wait..
 
Patterns and colours are very 60's-70's - which I love! - this is my dream sofa!


Some more pics just to please the eye.. 




Love the cars print too! You've probably seen it here on my pennant for the Olympics and here on the kids Christmas stockings.

Orla Kiely recently created 2 childrens books too, that I bought for Y's birthday (and a little bit for myself too - I am forever buying kids books) and they're absolutely gorgeous with a very nice retro feel. There's a numbers one and a colours one.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment